Frontdesk is a venture-backed high-growth tech startup based in Milwaukee, WI. A leading next-generation hospitality brand, rated top 50 globally, reinventing the way today’s consumers live, work and travel. Today, we operate short-term rentals in over 160 apartment communities and 33 cities across the U.S with hotel-like amenities and all the comforts of home. Core to our end-to-end experience is our mobile-first digital guest experience. Now, with the launch of our SaaS product Frontdesk Flex, we are offering our white labeled Operating System to property managers globally to support the next wave of hospitality startups with the same tools that helped our brand to thrive.
We have grown from two employees at the company’s inception in early 2017, to more than 150 employees at the time of this posting. Every position in the company has very high career growth potential, and the expectation is for everyone to grow in their own career along with the company at an unprecedented rate. We are experiencing a once-in-a-generation disruption in the travel industry, and we are determined to make the most of this opportunity. In fact, “Have a Growth Mindset” is one of our core values, along with: Be a Good Neighbor, Do the Right Thing, Clean the Toilets, Wow our Guests, and Own It. Our core values guide how we operate, hire, treat our employees and serve our clients at Frontdesk, because we are in business to make a positive impact in the world, starting with all of our stakeholders.
Frontdesk is hiring a Software Product Manager to incubate our newest and fastest growing vertical at Frontdesk: our SaaS business. Until now, we have taken a product-obsessed approach toward building our SaaS product. We were not satisfied with focus groups, surveys and user interviews. We focused instead on taking our time to perfect every aspect of this product. In fact, we built a thriving property management business in order to drive our product roadmap, taking the expression “eat our own dog food” to an extreme. Now, after powering 100k reservations and serving 200k guests, and after carefully studying early beta customer experiences after our soft launch in late 2020, we are finally ready to aggressively commercialize Frontdesk Flex.
This role will be our first ever product manager at Frontdesk, reporting directly to our Co-Founder and Chief Product Officer. We are seeking a highly entrepreneurial, motivated, and growth-oriented product professional, who gets excited about new challenges, autonomy, and growth. A “Mini-CEO” who will be responsible for managing their own P&L and KPIs. This role will not immediately be a leadership position given the dotted-line nature of cross-departmental work, but as the product line proves more success, this role will likely turn into a mid-level or senior-level leadership position very quickly within the company.
- Your #1 goal is to grow our SaaS revenue, there are many ways to accomplish this and you will be tasked with building and executing on this plan. In some phases, this may require putting on a sales hat and attending trade shows, webinars and cold calling potential leads. In other phases, this may require acting as the Partner Success and Onboarding Manager in order to ensure client success and retention. In other phases this may require you to create your own UX and information architecture to accelerate the software development timelines.
- Setting SMART goals with well-established timelines and staying on track, working within the context of the EOS framework that Frontdesk operates on.
- P&L responsibilities.
- Working alongside other department leaders to help support our SaaS clients.
- Working with our CTO and CPO to prioritize our backlog.
- Building a compelling product roadmap with the collaboration of our leadership team.
- Building up the product brand, including social media, email marketing, PPC, SEO and other inbound/digital marketing techniques.
- There is a very small budget for outsourcing marketing, social, UX, etc, in the early stages this will all fall on you.
- You will not need to write your own code, but you will need to communicate often with our product development team and will need to understand the technical details of what you are building and selling.
- 3+ years of product management experience.
- 4+ years of experience in software sales and/or digital marketing.
- Strong technical background and ability to learn new tools quickly.
- (Preferred) Experience in corporate innovation
- (Preferred) Software, engineering, marketing or business degree, or a strong technical background with relevant work experience
- (Preferred) Relevant industry experience in hotels, apartments, or short-term rentals.
- $70-85k base salary + stock options + opportunities for commission and bonuses.
- Work-from-anywhere, we are a 100% remote company. We have an office in Milwaukee that some employees choose to work from occasionally, most work from home.
- Unlimited PTO, flexible work schedules, and no shame in hearing from your children or pets on our Zoom calls.
- Travel Credits - Frontdesk employees get a $500/yr allowance of 50% discounted stays with us in any of our locations, plus a 20% discount on any nights for friends and family
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, Flexible Spending, Employee Assistance.
- Work with incredible human beings who all genuinely care about one another.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Check us out on www.stayfrontdesk.com and frontdeskflex.com