Who we are...
Frontdesk is a high-growth tech startup based in Milwaukee, WI. Frontdesk aims to serve the next generation of business travelers by managing a national portfolio of corporate and short-term rental properties. Our properties are located in the most desirable neighborhoods for young professionals to live, work, and play, with hotel-like amenities and all the comforts of home. We offer an online, mobile-optimized booking experience catered to those who book their own travel, whether they are traveling for business, pleasure, or both.
We have grown from two employees at the company’s inception in early 2017, to nearly 150 employees at the time of this posting. Every position in the company has very high career growth potential, and the expectation is for everyone to grow in their own career along with the company at an unprecedented rate.
What we are looking for...
A Director of Operations that is a hospitality specialist, operations minded, and expert at execution. Our Director of Ops is responsible for driving the operations team towards operational excellence, prioritizing all relevant KPIs, and optimizing playbooks and processes to streamline operations company-wide.
What you’ll do...
What you’ll bring...
- Serve as the head of the City Management team, working directly with the COO and other company leaders to oversee and continuously improve our day to day operations.
- Supervise and coach leaders of the Ops team, on our regional and city levels.
- Develop strategies, systems and processes that deliver enhanced quality assurance and efficiency.
- Design, monitor and improve processes and systems supporting guest experience and satisfaction with a vision to support Frontdesk’s objectives at any time.
- Monitor, review, analyze data and performance statistics, business metrics of all service types and introducing and executing initiatives to improve performance. develop high impact, creative and data-driven solutions.
- Design and build efficient internal systems and processes, including operational level agreements that regulate and enforce high performance standards among our network of vendors, owners and contractors.
- Collaborate with and support cross departmental leaders in achieving company-wide goals.
- You are motivated by scale and want to exponentially grow your business and think big.
- You’re a lover of processes and organization, but also have a practical side which is both nimble and agile.
- Your attention to detail is almost an obsession and you have extraordinary prioritization skills - can execute when you notice things aren’t right.
- You’re a seasoned operator who excels at building and driving teams who meet and exceed their goals.
- You have a passion for perfecting the customer journey and know how to set teams and organizations up for success.
- You’re a wizard at creating a positive happy culture of empowerment and excellence that no one wants to leave.
- You’re a creative problem solver who sees every challenge as an opportunity to accelerate progress.
- Numbers don’t scare you and you can understand a P&L.
- You have an uncanny ability to collaborate cross-functionally and get people outside of your direct team on board to help you and the company succeed.
- A Bachelor's degree or higher from a reputable university.
- An optimistic and enthusiastic, self-starter that thrives with a high level of autonomy.
- A proven leader with 3-10+ years experience under your belt, including experience in hospitality, operations, or working in a venture-backed growth stage startup.
- Passionate about travel, hospitality, and short term rental industry.
Position calls for 60-70% travel, possibly more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer